Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

This week I'm grateful for ....

I really love this blog hop from Maxabella Loves. I have had a wonderful week which, in no small way, has been enhanced by .....



Slow Cookers are great! I have cooked two delicious meals in mine this week, just bung the ingredients in and trot off for the day. There is nothing quite like coming home to the smell of slow cooked yum - it almost feels like someone else has cooked it for you. Hurrah!

The added revelation is I have discovered the joys of cooking a whole chicken in the slow cooker - so easy and the meat is so tender it literally falls off the bone. Whoop whoop!!!

Christmas Trees. I know, I know it's April but our christmas tree has been resurrected in to a bird table. It is ace - a few branches have been left on to hang seed containers and a piece of wood attached around the trunk for bread etc. The birds love it. I am so delighted about this new addition to our garden I am going to do a post on it in the next couple of days .....

4 comments:

  1. Slow cookers are most excellent - coming into the time of year when mine is in almost constant use... bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've upcycled the Chrissy tree. Very clever indeed.

    My slow cooker and I are in love with one another. It must be love because it's soooo good! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. christmas tree bird table sounds fab - would love to see a pic! my slow cooker is in a cupboard gathering dust - must get it out again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee I love my recycled Christmas Tree - I will pop the pictures on later!
    Thank you for your comments ;-)

    ReplyDelete